The Ultimate Heavy Metal Playlist, By Diony Arce of Zeus
In Havana, Cuba, the name Zeus is synonymous with heavy metal. The legendary band has been rocking stages and whipping heads since 1988, emerging during the height of heavy metal worldwide. After a tumultuous journey that took the band from government persecution to government sponsorship, Zeus is stronger than ever today, even if they might be the last mainstay of heavy metal in Cuba.
You can get to know Zeus’s entire story in Nicholas Brennan’s documentary “Los Últimos Frikis,” which intimately follows the band over a 10-year period. But there’s no quicker way to get to know a band than by hearing what music they listen to. Topic asked Zeus frontman Diony Arce to curate a playlist of the bands that have influenced him the most, from his hair metal favorites to iconic metal bands like Iron Maiden—plus a bonus song by his mother!
Metalheads, let your hair down, crank up the volume, and bang your skulls to Diony’s Ultimate Heavy Metal Playlist. Click here to listen on Spotify.
Watch “Los Últimos Frikis” on Topic now.
- White Snake - “Still of the Night”
- White Snake - “ForeverMore”
- Pantera - “Cemetery Gates”
- Sepultura - “Beneath the Remains”
- Sepultura - “Arise”
- Fear Factory - “Replica”
- Fear Factory - “Linchpin”
- Kreator - “People of the Lie”
- Helloween - “I Want Out”
- Iron Maiden - “Wasted Years”
- Iron Maiden - “The Trooper”
- Iron Maiden - “Fear of the Dark”
- Led Zeppelin - “Stairway to Heaven”
- Led Zeppelin - “Kashmir”
- Ozzy Osbourne - “Mr Crowley”
- Ozzy Osbourne - “No More Tears”
- Deep Purple - “Smoke on the Water”
- Deep Purple - “Stormbringer”
- Deep Purple - “Lady Double Dealer”
- Mötley Crüe - “Shout At The Devil”
- Judas Priest - “Breaking the Law”
- Poison - “Every Rose Has Its Thorn”
- Guns and Roses - “Don’t Cry”
- Def Leppard - “Pour Some Sugar On Me”
- Queensrÿche - “Jet City Woman”
- Queensrÿche - “Queen of the Reich”
- Los Llamas - “Encuéntrate”